I know we have a lot of new couponers on the site and on the facebook group so I wanted to put together a post just so everyone knows that there are rules in couponing that everyone must follow! We get many, many deals the RIGHT way so no one needs to do things the WRONG way to save money.
Some don’t realize their committing coupon fraud, but here are a few common examples:
- Using a scanner, printer, or copier to make copies of coupons.
- Using expired coupons, unless the store specifically states in their coupon policy that they do accept expired coupons.
- Using coupons on products other than the product specified in the print (e.g. using a coupon for Original Cheerios on Honey Nut Cheerios).
- Using a coupon for a product or size excluded by the fine print on the coupon (e.g. using a coupon that says “excludes trial size” on a trial size product).
- Using the coupon when purchasing a different quantity than specified on the coupon (e.g. using a coupon for $0.50/2 on a single product instead of 2).
- Altering and/or modifying a coupon in any way.
- Using a coupon any way other than how it is specified on the coupon. (thanks ingoodcents for these great tips)
- Using more than 1 manufacturer coupon on a product (you can use a store coupon AND a manufacturer coupon on the same product if your store allows)