Here are some of the websites that are great for couponers!
Coupon database- http://www.weusecoupons.com click on “coupon resources”
Coupon/store matchup websites:
Websites for internet savings:
I’m pregnant! But, this means sometimes I’m too tired, not feeling well, etc., etc. and I just don’t think I have time to coupon. BUT, I am WRONG! You DO have time to coupon and save money even if you have very little time! Here are my top 5 time-saving tips to help you save more money!
- Price match- I always tell students in my couponing class that if all my tips and tricks have you a bit overwhelmed start out by price matching! Grocery stores, Target, Walmart, even Best Buy will price match to make sure you get the best deals! Make sure you know the price matching policy at the store you are shopping at as they can differ from store to store and always take the ad you want to price match with you. I circle the item and make sure to load my items that I’m price matching on the checkout lane last to make sure everything gets in the system correctly. You can easily save $1-$3 per item just by price matching and it’s quick and easy!
- Use Coupon/Store matchups- If you have only a few minutes to plan your grocery or shopping trips scan websites with store matchups! They do all the work for you and tell you exactly what the best deals are, how to get them, and what coupons to use! If you don’t know where a good matchup is for the store that you are shopping at, it’s as easy as googling ”Walmart matchups” and you will find many!
- Have 3-4 “go to” websites/ facebook pages. If I have only 5 minutes free I scan websites like http://www.freebieshark.com, hip2save.com, and a matchup site like totallytarget.com. Freebieshark will let me know of any freebies I might have missed, hip2save will tell me about any ongoing deals, new coupons online or instore, and totallytarget will fill me in on any new target deals. Even easier- “like” these pages on facebook and just scroll through their most recent posts.
- Use a coupon database- If weeks have gone by and you haven’t organized your coupons have no fear! A coupon database is your best friend! My favorite is on http://www.weusecoupons.com under coupon resources. A coupon database will let you type what you are buying and if there is a coupon out there it will tell you where it is! This is quick and easy when you are making your grocery list to double-check you have all the coupons that are out there for the items you are buying.
- Eat/use from your stockpile When you aren’t feeling well, are tired, or just don’t feel like doing much your stockpile can be your best friend. Your stockpile doesn’t have to be huge to be able to take advantage of what you already have on hand. This may allow you to skip a week of grocery shopping or just stop you from getting take out food when you are too tired to cook!
Everyone gets coupon burnout from time to time but that doesn’t mean you have to stop saving money all together. By doing some of these quick tips you can still save money on items you buy everyday! And remember, deals are like buses, if you miss one, don’t worry, another one is just around the corner!
It’s a NEW year so it’s time for a NEW announcement! As most of you know 2012 was a busy year for me and couponing! I had the wonderful opportunity to travel to many places in Iowa and teach and share my couponing knowledge and classes with many of you! In 2013 I am continuing to teach my class and share my love of couponing but have had so many requests to teach in places that were over a 2 hour drive and that just takes up too much of my family time, so I had to decline.
BUT…….now I have found a wonderful gal that will be teaching my couponing class in Eastern Iowa!! INTRODUCING>>>> Rebecca Puck
Here is a little bit about Rebecca: My name is Rebecca and I am a mom to a 2 and 3 year old that keep me busy daily. I started couponing in January 2011 after being laid off and we went down to a one income family with 2 young ones at home. I enjoy teaching others how to save money and coupon, as well as continuing to learn myself as coupons and policies change too. I look forward to working with many of you to help others across the state of Iowa learn how to save too!”
Also, many of you may notice her name from being an active member in our facebook group!
Rebecca will be teaching my 2 hour Couponing Class (This class will teach you how to save 100′s of dollars off your monthly grocery and household budgets! You will learn ways to use coupons more effectively, how to use facebook to save you money, how to read, understand and organize your coupons, 4 other ways to get coupons besides the newspaper, how to shop at your local stores, and much more! ) around towns where she is based in Muscatine, IA.
To contact either myself or Rebecca about Couponing Classes you can still email firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information and/or to set up a class! Please include your location!
As always: a schedule of public classes will be put on www.iowacouponing.com here
AND you can find info about hosting your own couponing class/party here
Disney on Ice is coming to Wells Fargo Arena November 21–25th
Tickets start at just $15 and if you would like to purchase tickets, they are on sale NOW at all Dahl’s Foods locations, www.dahlstickets.com, 866-55 DAHLS, and Wells Fargo Arena Box Office. BUT….don’t forget we like to save money in this group so a great tip is that if guests purchase tickets at the box office they can save almost $5-$10 per ticket depending on the show and fees that the promoter charges. Most of those fees are eliminated when the tickets are purchased in person versus online.
But….. 1 lucky winner won’t have to buy tickets, they will be getting a 4 pack of vouchers valid for the Wednesday (7 p.m.), Thursday (7p.m.), or Friday (3p.m.) performances.
That winner is……. Jenny Zeka
You have been contacted by Iowa Couponing so please look for the email and respond as soon as possible!
Thanks to everyone that entered and we will be bringing you more chances to win great tickets to wonderful events like this soon!!
It’s time for another GIVEAWAY!
The next event is Disney on Ice at Wells Fargo Arena November 21–25th
We are giving away a 4 pack of tickets in the form of vouchers that are valid for the Wednesday (7 p.m.), Thursday (7p.m.), and Friday (3p.m.) performances. You can purchase additional tickets when you go to redeem the vouchers!
Here are the rules for the giveaway:
For this giveaway, I am allowing 1 entry per reader. Please leave a comment on this post telling me who your favorite Disney character is OR why you want to win tickets to the show!
Facebook and e-mail entries will NOT count, so if you want your chance to win the prize, please be sure to leave your entry comment on this post!
- You must be a current member of the facebook group Iowa Couponing or subscriber to the blog Iowa Couponing to win.
- I’ll email the winner with details when the giveaway is over.
* If you would like to purchase tickets, they are on sale NOW at all Dahl’s Foods locations, www.dahlstickets.com, 866-55 DAHLS, and Wells Fargo Arena Box Office. BUT….don’t forget we like to save money in this group so a great tip is that if guests purchase tickets at the box office they can save almost $5-$10 per ticket depending on the show and fees that the promoter charges. Most of those fees are eliminated when the tickets are purchased in person versus online.
This Giveaway will end on Saturday 11/17/12 at 7pm CST, and I will pick one winner by random when it ends. I will then email the winner with details. Good Luck everyone!
November 21-25th join the celebration as more than 60 of Disney’s unforgettable characters from 18 beloved stories come to life in Disney On Ice celebrates 100 Years of Magic! You’ll be captivated by the one and only Mickey Mouse, the irresistible Minnie Mouse, Goofy, Donald Duck, Jiminy Cricket, Pinocchio and many Disney Princesses. Be thrilled by exciting moments from The Lion King; Mulan; and Disney/Pixar’s Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, and Toy Story films; in a skating spectacular filled with magical Disney moments you’ll remember forever as Disney On Ice celebrates 100 Years of Magic!
This show looks to be magical with all your Disney friends showing up! Fun for the whole family! Tickets start at just $15 and are available at all Dahl’s Foods Location, www.dahlstickets.com, 866-55-DAHLS, and the Wells Fargo Arena Box Office. BUT….don’t forget we like to save money in this group so a great tip is that if guests purchase tickets at the box office they can save almost $5-$10 per ticket depending on the show and fees that the promoter charges. Most of those fees are eliminated when the tickets are purchased in person versus online!
Stay tuned for more giveaways, reviews and great tips for family friendly events going on at the Iowa Events Center and Wells Fargo Arena!